Systm is the Do-It-Yourself show designed for the common geek who wants to quickly and easily learn how to dive into the latest and hottest tech projects. They will help you avoid pitfalls and get your project up and running fast. In this DIY episode, see how to safely wire an amplifier or power plug in your car.
Whether it's the PC in our Wireless Access Truck, a massive 1000W amplifier or an extra power plug for a cell phone, the same rules apply... ignore 'em, and you could turn your car into a fire hazard... or just blow out its electrical system.
Safely wiring your vehicle (especially if you have, say, 400W worth of lights or a massive 500W amplifier) is about choosing a heavy enough gauge, or size, of wire, and figuring out how far it has to travel from your battery.
The longer the distance, the lower the gauge wire you need for a given load... with wire gauges, the smaller then number the amperage it can carry.
Search Systm on WonderHowTo for more tech episodes from this Revision3 show.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades