If you just got some banging new subs for the trunk of your car, then you're just about ready for the ultimate car stereo. But what kind of amp are you going to get to power those subwoofer speakers? Learn about the basics of car amplifiers in this video from Sonic Electronix, where they discusses the purpose of a car amplifier, as well as the parts of the amplifier. This includes the terminals, adjustments, types of amplifiers, and amplifier channels. Before putting together your first aftermarket car audio system, be sure to watch this video and learn more about amplifiers!
Then check out the second video of these "basics" for car amps. Seth Wilde discusses the basics on how to install a car amplifier. Using the Kicker ZX400.1, CVR Subwoofer, Kenwood DNX6140, and a Stinger power cell, this video simply shows a typical amplifier installation process.
- Disconnect the negative battery terminal.
- Connect ground cable to from the amp to your car's chassis.
- Connect power cables from the positive battery terminal to your amp.
- Connect the input source using RCA cables from the stereo to your amp.
- Secure the speaker wire in the output terminals.